Thursday, July 17, 2008



Yesterday was a very sad but happy day for me. I bought my car when I was sixteen with my own money and have been making monthly payment on it for two years now. I have decide to put it up for sale so that I can get a new car. Well I was all excited about the new car and sailing my old one til it really happened. As I was cleaning the closet out of my trunk yesterday for the new owners I started thinking of all the memories in my little car. All the good times my Friends had in it. Taking it to Jr. high and sluffing the whole last month of school, just because I had a car in Jr. high and thought I was cool. The high school parking lot doing donuts, drifting in it and having Jason pop the tire, the traditional Wendy's lunch trip everyday, hanging out the sun roof because the windows didn't roll down. There are so many more memories so as I saw my car drive away yesterday it brought tears to my eyes. I guess that's just life, things come and go. So right now I am carless and back to having my mommy run me around.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

shay, what are you getting? that is kinda bittersweet Huh!! well I am so excited too see you in a couple of weeks at strawberry, we are staying at the lodge though so we eill have to hang out!Maybe Ill even let you shower in my room!!

Amy said...

OOOHHH Shayla, so so so sorry! How fun to have cool memories though. Ok, so let's look for something really cool, like a black van with a munched fender. I know the perfect place!! HEE HEE! Love ya

Grandma Sis said...

So sad but life does go on. We will all look forward to your next adventure. Love ya, Grandma Sis

Angie Stewart Black said...

Hey Shayla
At least your first car wasn't a 1960 something ford thunderbird car that everytime you hit a ditch, it ignited sparks because it was so low to the ground. You'll find something that you will love even more!!!