Monday, June 9, 2008

Yesterday my dad, little brother and I went on a nice horse ride up Alpine canyon. It was such a nice day, the sun was out the whole time, I could not ask for a better way to spend my Sunday afternoon. I love being outside and enjoying the nice weather. We met some friends up there that were camping. Ate a little grub and rested a little. Then set out for a pretty long ride. We ran into some problems along the way, like daxton getting bucked off jake (the mule), nothing to serious happend to him, just lots of brusing. We are lucky that he was not hurt really bad and that he is a tough cowboy. Also my dad was dipping his head in the river to cool off and lost his hat, he was pretty upset about it. Over all it was a great day we all made it home safe and sound in one piece, which made mom really happy.
















5 comments:

Amy said...

I love the pics! And I have to say Shayla, I love that you are home. It just seems better! When we were haning out last night, I thought how happy I was that you are there.

I will call you before you go to Lake Powell, you bum! I am so DANG jealous. Love ya

McCall said...

Hey! I haven't seen you forever your so cute! I guess i will have to just read your blog to see what you are up to now! I just got back from lake powell it was really fun hope you have a fun time!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had fun, I am so jelous that you guys are going to powell, I wish i was going with the fam have lots of fun love ya

Jennifer said...

You are very lucky that you get to do fun recreational activities with your Dad. It looks like you had a great time and if you ask me, a horse is much better than hiking. Tanner is going on an overnight up that canyon this weekend..........hiking,with a backpack.........I'm sure by the time he's done, he will be wishing he had a horse too (except the bucking off part)

Grandma Sis said...

Your horseride looks and sounds like an awsome way to spend Sunday afternoon also. I'm glad you all had such a good time. Sorry for the fall Daxton.